Header Ads

Married woman dies while spending the night with married lover

File photo

A Nigerian man is in trouble after his married lover died while spending the night with him.

Gundumi Saya and Mrs. Hajara Markus were longtime lovers who wouldn't stop dating despite their marital status until death struck on November 21, 2018. Saya allegedly killed Hajara on the said night and is being charged with culpable homicide.

According to Police doc, Saya, who has three wives and 14 children, is a resident of Zango-Dinya in Bassa Local Government Area of Plateau.
Saya reportedly lured Hajara out of her matrimonial home to have sexual intercourse with her, an offence that contravened Section 368 of the Penal Code.
He then intentionally dumped her body by the road side after he realised that she had died in his custody while he was having sex with her. He also refused to inform the Police of Hajara’s death, thereby contravening sections 189 and 102 of the Penal Code, the Police doc further states.

Saya, in a confessional statement, however, denied killing his lover, stating that he woke up to make love to her in the middle of the night, only to find her dead.
“I have known Hajara before she got married; I have been in a relationship with her for a long time. In-between, she got married and got divorced twice, but we still kept on seeing each other until she got married again a few years ago.
“Whenever I wanted to have sexual relations with her, I invited her to the bush where we will catch our fun, and she will return home.
“On the said date, we arranged to meet at my friend’s place, one Ojukwu, who is also married, after she had told her husband that she was going for a wedding in Bauchi State.
“As agreed, we met at Ojukwu’s house and he (Ojukwu) gave us a room to pass the night
“Ojukwu’s wife later sent a boy with garri (cassava flour) and kuli-kuli (groundnut cake) to Hajara, which she soaked and took after which she retired to sleep.
“I woke up at 2a.m. to make love to her, but discovered that she was motionless. I quickly ran to Ojukwu’s room to alert him, but his wife told me that he did not sleep at home.
“I called him on phone to tell him what happened; when he came, I suggested that we should report the matter to the Police, but he told me not to do that because I would land in serious trouble.’’
 The statement quoted the accused as claiming that Ojukwu advised him to dump the body by the roadside, which they both did, and went their separate ways.
The statement said further: “Six days after we dumped Hajara’s body, I heard some commotion in front of my house and when I peeped, I saw policemen who came to arrest me.
“I ran to the bush and stayed there for three days after which my daughter called to tell me that my elder brother had been taken away by the Police.
“I felt bad when I heard that sad news and decided to surrender myself to the Police.’’
In an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, on Thursday in Jos, Saya maintained that he had no hand in the death of the late woman.
“I did not kill her. But I may not know if my friend’s wife poisoned the garri she gave her because that was the last thing she took before going to bed.’’
NAN reports that the Police have charged the suspect to court on three counts of adultery, culpable homicide and failure to give notice/information to a public servant.
He will be arraigned on Monday, April 1, before Justice Daniel Longji of the Plateau State High Court sitting in Jos.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.