Header Ads

Pregnant woman and her two-year-old son electrocuted in Ibadan (graphic photos)



A Facebook user, Steven Adedamola Goodwill, has shared graphic images of a woman and her child who were electrocuted in Ibadan, the Oyo state capital.

According to Goodwill, the incident happened behind Bembow Hospital Aremo, Ibadan Oyo State.
Reports have it that the unnamed woman, who was about four months pregnant, tried to dry some clothes she had washed on a line at her residence when she got electrocuted. Her scream attracted her young son who ran to comfort his mom, only to get electrocuted as well.

An eyewitnesses said:

 “a nearby hotel had connected a wire to a house to provide illumination for passers-by at night. Unknown to the deceased, who was four months pregnant, the insulator on the wire had worn off. "
As she was spreading her clothes on it, she was electrocuted. She screamed, attracting the innocent boy, who ran to his mum. He too got electrocuted on the spot.” 

 Oyo state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP Adekunle Ajisebutu, said the bodies had been taken to the Adeoyo General Hospital morgue for autopsy and that investigation had begun.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.