Header Ads

Teenage girl dies after her Nokia phone explodes during a call




 A teenage girl lost her life after her phone, a Nokia 5233 exploded during a phone call. Uma Oram was killed at her home in Kheriakani, India days ago, while talking to her relative on the phone.

Oram, 18,  was on the phone when it suddenly exploded as she plugged it in to charge during the conversation. She was knocked unconscious and suffered injuries to her hand, leg and chest. She was immediately taken to the hospital, where she died.

Her brother Durga Prasad Oram told reporters in India:

As the battery of the mobile phone was draining out, she plugged it for charging while talking over it simultaneously.The cell phone was put on charging when she started talking to a relative. Its battery exploded suddenly. Before we could know what exactly happened, Uma fell unconscious. She was declared dead at the hospital.


 The manufacturers of the phone however  denied it was their product. A spokesperson for Nokia said:
While we have not been able to independently verify the facts of any of these reports, we can confirm that the mobile phone in question was not manufactured or sold by HMD Global, the new home of Nokia phones, set up in 2017 to create a new range of Nokia devices. As HMD Global, we are committed to producing high quality handsets which deliver a strong user experience and meet high customer expectations.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.